Here’s a snapshot of some of the issues Alec has spoken about in the news:
The Yorkshire Post
- Should we launch air strikes on Syria? The case for and against – 18th November 2015
- Unpaid internships mean we have politicians of privilege – 27th March 2015
- Unpaid internships are a form of modern slavery – 12th March 2015
- It’s time British workers got a pay rise – 12th February 2015
- Rosindell’s criticism of Reeves’ maternity leave is outdated – 26th February 2015
- Miliband is unsuited to lead our country – 30th January 2015
- Hebdo murderers insult their religion in support of Islam – 19th January 2015
- The 2015 election should be fought by individual parties – 18th December 2014
- The Autumn Statement was a victory for hard working people – 4th December 2014
- Ed Miliband’s ‘Zero-zero’ speech had zero credibility – 20th November 2014
- Foreign drink-drivers should be banned for life – 6th November 2014
- The Tories offer workers more than Labour’s minimum wage – 24th October 2014
- Welfare cash card to support claimants with addiction problems – 9th October 2014
- What’s the point of the party conference season? – 25th September 2014
- Waking up to the consequences of Scottish independence – 11th September 2014
- Rotherham child sex abuse scandal shows need for renewal – 29th August 2014
- Why banning unpaid internships would strike a blow for fairness – 22nd May 2014
- Labour’s economic policy will rack up huge debts -8th May 2014
- Ukrainians need to stand up to state corruption – 24th April 2014
- Politicians must remember electorate are not “voting fodder” – 10th April 2014
- Unpaid internships means we have more politicians of privilege – 27th March 2014
- Budget 2014; Tories put people in control of their money – 19th March 2014
- Moyles’ tax avoidance; we need to collect what we’re owed – 27th February 2014
- If Ed Miliband’s wins the next election it will hurt your pension – 13th February 2014
- It is time for the government to raise the minimum wage – 21st January 2014
- Income tax is being reduced and the economy is growing – 2nd January 2014
- Nelson Mandela – always look for the good in people – 19th December 2013
- Typhoon Haiyan shows Britain cares – 21st November 2014
- Britain’s rising cost of living won’t be tackled with inflation – 7th November 2014
- Grangemouth and why Unions should get out of politics – 24th October 2013
Engineering Action: Tackling Homophobia in Engineering – InterEngineering
Homophobia costs engineering £11.2 billion a year – Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Homophobia could be costing UK engineering sector £11billion a year – Gay Star Business
Guest Articles (featured in the Wetherby News)
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – It’s time to cut the number of Leeds City Councillors. 8th September 2016.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Make Leeds a Showpiece for International Trade. 6th October 2016.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Unnecessary Pressure on the City’s Greenfields. 3rd November 2016.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Heathrow can help Leeds take-off post-Brexit. 1st December 2016.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Education reform must usher in new University Technical Colleges. 5th January 2017.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Tax hikes won’t solve pressures in Adult Social Care. 3rd February 2017.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Heart Research UK – a charity close to my heart. 2nd March 2017.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Looking back over a year in office. 3rd August 2017.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – Partition is not the key to devolution. 7th September 2017.
Cllr Ryan Stephenson – We must tackle hate crime. 5th October 2017.
Wetherby Mayor, Cllr Norma Harrington – Time to spring clean and be proud. 23rd February 2017.
Wetherby Mayor, Cllr Norma Harrington – Showcasing our pride in Wetherby. 24th March 2017.
Wetherby Mayor, Cllr Norma Harrington – October Diary. 26th October 2017.
Cllr Alan Lamb – Wetherby’s Neighbourhood Plan is Taking Shape. 3rd August 2017.