Alec is very active in Parliament both in the House of Commons and in Westminster Hall. Here is a record of Alec's history whilst being your Member of Parliament.
How Alec voted on key issues:
- Voted for Labour's anti-terrorism laws.
- Voted for replacing Trident.
- Voted very strongly for increasing the rate of VAT.
- Voted very strongly for greater autonomy for schools.
- Voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs.
- Voted very strongly for university tuition fees.
- Voted for raising England’s undergraduate tuition fee cap to £9,000 per year.
- Voted for automatic enrolment in occupational pensions.
- Voted very strongly for encouraging occupational pensions.
- Voted against a smoking ban.
- spoken in 35 debates in the last year.
- Has received answers to 12 written questions in the last year
- Has voted in 83.82% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation
Alec asks most questions about:
- Departments: Energy and Climate Change, Communities and Local Government, Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Work and Pensions, Culture Media and Sport
- Subjects (based on headings added by Hansard): Gardens: Property Development, Iran, Economic Policy, Land Supply, Banks: Loans
Alec has sat on the following Public Committees:
- Disabled Persons' Parking Badges Bill Committee (1 out of 1)
- Coinage (Measurement) Bill Committee (0 out of 1)
- Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (5 out of 5)
- Finance (No. 3) Bill Committee (14 out of 14)
- Budget Responsibility and National Audit Bill Committee (3 out of 4)
- Civil Aviation Bill Committee (14 out of 14)