COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Alec is advising all constituents to follow Public Health England advice for their own safety and the safety of others.
HM Government has announced the first stages of a controlled easing of ‘lockdown’ rules, which will be regularly monitored according to scientific advice on the rate of infection.
Find out how to protect yourself or check if you need medical help on the NHS website.
Please read, share and regularly check the Government guidance as the situation and the response to it is changing daily.
What about future easing of lockdown rules?
HM Government is following a science-led, evidence-based response to easing the lockdown so the timing will depend on the success of the first stages of easing the rules. But, at present, if the rate of infection continues to fall and we see a sustained fall in COVID-19 related deaths, thereby easing the pressure on our NHS, the Government expects to follow a phased easing of lockdown.
– FAQs: what you can and can’t do from 4 July:
– Updated working safely during coronavirus guidance:
– Guidance for businesses and venues that are permitted to re-open from 4th July:
– Guidance for pubs, restaurants, bars and takeaways:
– Guidance for hairdressers, salons and other close contact services:
– Guidance for hotels and guest accommodation:
– Updated guidance for early years and childcare settings:
– Guidance on social distancing from 4 July:
– Guidance on seeing people outside from 4 July:
Support for families and businesses.
The Government has announced a number of scheme to help people and businesses financially throughout the crisis:
Anybody with symptoms can book a test. To book a test click here.
Alec is working with local Leeds City Councillors to best co-ordinate volunteer efforts in our community. If you’re able to offer help please go to www.doinggoodleeds.org.uk