Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Alec is advising all constituents to follow Public Health England advice for their own safety and the safety of others.
Do not leave your home except to:
1. Shop for basic necessities;
2. Exercise once a day;
3. Meet medical needs/provide care;
4. Travel to work (if a necessity, if you can’t work remotely).
Please read, share and regularly check the Government guidance as the situation and the response to it is changing daily.
There are general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
* washing your hands more often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser when you get home or into work, when you blow your nose, sneeze or cough, eat or handle food
* avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
* avoid close contact with people who have symptoms
* cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands
* clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
Finally, Alec is working with local Leeds City Councillors to best co-ordinate volunteer efforts in our community. If you’re able to offer help please go to www.doinggoodleeds.org.uk